Turmeric Leaves Sweet Kadubu / Patoli
Turmeric Leaves Sweet Kadubu / Patoli, a sweet dish, coconut jaggery steamed in turmeric leaves.
- 7 - 8 Turmeric leaves
- 1 cup Dosa rice Soaked
- 1 cup Fresh coconut grated
- 3/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Coconut chopped
- 2 tbsp Clarified butter/ghee
- In a mixing jar add soaked rice, fresh coconut, add little water, grind it to fine paste.
- In a kadai add fresh grated coconut and jaggery, stir it on a medium flame, jaggery melts, cook till mixture turns thick, add ghee, mix well, cook for one more min, do not burn. keep aside.
- wash and tap dry turmeric leaves, cut the sides of the leaves.
- On turmeric leaves, spread rice paste evenly and thin layer, add jaggery mixture, fold the turmeric leaves.
- Steam it for 15 to 20 mins.
- Turmeric leaves sweet kadubu ready to have.