Turmeric Leaves Mackerel Masala Fry
Turmeric Leaves Mackerel Masala Fry, a masala fry, spices+tomato+onion masala paste marinated mackerel cooked in turmeric leaves.
- 6 Mackerel Fish
- 10 Turmeric Leaves
- 2 medium Tomato roughly chopped
- 2 medium Onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2+2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 8-10 Pepper Corns
- 1.5 inch Ginger
- 8-10 cloves Garlic
- 10-12 Dry Red Chilly
- 1.5 tbsp Tamarind
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 4+8 strings Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Green Chilly slits
1st Marination :
- In a vessel add fish, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice. Mix well, marinate for minimum 15 mins.
Masala paste :
- In a kadai add 2 tbsp oil, curry leaves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, methi seeds, pepper corns, dry red chilly, ginger, garlic, saute it for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Now add onion, tomato, tamarind, saute it for 3-4 mins.
- Let it cool down, add this to a mixing jar, make a fine paste, do not add water.
Preparing Masala Fry :
- In a kadai place turmeric leaves, add 2 tbsp oil, curry leaves, green chilly.
- Add marinated fish, add remaining masala paste and masala water.
- Flip the fish and apply masala paste, stir.
- Cover with turmeric leaves. Cook for 5 mins on high flame.
- Remove the covered turmeric leaves, flip the fish.
- cover with the turmeric leaves, cook for 5 more mins on high flame.
- Turmeric Leaves Mackerel Masala Fry is ready to have.