Tomato Biryani, a biryani recipe, Basmati rice and Tomato puree cooked in brown onion, ginger garlic paste, mint, coriander leaves, and spice powders.
- 1.5 cup Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsp Ghee/clarified butter
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cardamom
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 medium Onion slices
- 2 Green chilly slits
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 - 5 medium Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1 tsp Biryani Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 3 cups Water
- Wash and soak Basmati rice for about 15 to 20 mins.
- In a pressure cooker add ghee, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, saute.
- Add Onion slices, cook till golden brown.
- Now add slit green chilly, ginger garlic paste, saute.
- Add Tomato puree, mix well, cook for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Now add curd, mint leaves, coriander leaves, cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add green peas, stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, biryani masala powder, one by one, mix well, cook for 2 to 3 mins on medium flame.
- Now add salt, water, bring it to boil.
- Add soaked Basmati rice, mix gently, close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Yummy Tomato Biryani is ready to have.