Prawns Sukka, Coastal Cuisine Starter. A spicy, tangy, flavoursome.Prawns roasted in spicy powders.
- 1/2 kg Prawns
- 2 Onion medium
- 2 Tomato medium
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 strings Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves For garnishing
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Marination : In a bowl add prawns, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, mix well.
- Marinate for minimum 30 mins.
- Onion paste : In a mixing jar add onions, blend it to fine paste.
- Tomato paste : Add tomatoes to mixing jar, blend it to fine paste.
- In a pan add oil, curry leaves, fry for 30 sec, now add onion paste, fry for a min, add tomato paste, close the lid, cook for 2 mins.
- Add marinated prawns, close the lid and cook for 1 min.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, mix well, cook for another min without closing the lid.
- Now add pepper powder and garam masala powder, mix well , cook for a min.
- Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy Prawns Sukka is ready to have.
Prawns need only 3 to 4 mins to cook tender, do not cook much as it turns hard.