Palak Rice, A rice dish, healthy, tasty recipe. boiled rice and dal cooked in palak paste and spice powders.
- 2 cup Palak
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Masoor dal
- 1 Onion big
- 2 Tomato big
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 5 - 6 Green chilly small
- 5 - 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- In a pressure cooker add washed rice, masoor dal, finely chopped tomato, finely chopped onion, soaked or frozen green peas, 4 cups of water, salt, stir well, close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- In a vessel add water, add palak leaves, bring it to boil, cook for 2 mins.
- Add cooked palak to ice cold water, keep aside for 2 more mins.
- in a mixing jar add blanched palak, coriander leaves, green chillies, blend to fine paste. do not add water.
- In a kadai add 1 tbsp ghee, finely chopped garlic, finely chopped ginger, fry for 30 secs, add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, stir well.
- Add cooked rice+dal, sauté it, add palak paste, mix well.
- Add salt, add 1 cup of water, mix well, close the lid and cook for 2 mins.
- Palak Rice is ready to have.