Mavinakayi Thambuli / Raw Mango Curry
Mavinakayi Thambuli / Raw Mango Curry, a tangy curry, prepared by grinding raw mango with coconut and green chilly.
- 2 Raw Mango medium size
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut chopped or grated
- 3 green chilly
- 2 Dry Red Chilly
- 4 cloves Garlic roughly crushed
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 string Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- Peel and chop the raw mangoes.
- In a mixing jar add chopped mangoes, coconut, green chillies and salt, grind it to fine paste by adding little water.
- In a bowl add grind mango-coconut-green chilly paste, add water according to curry consistency, keep aside.
- Tempering :In a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, as it starts to splutter, add roughly crushed garlic, dry red chilly, curry leaves.
- Add this tempering to curry.
- Mavinakayi Thambuli / Raw Mango Curry ready to have.
Do not cook this curry, as it loses its taste. Garlic is optional, can skip adding garlic to tempering.