Mavinakayi Chitranna / Raw Mango Rice
Mavinakayi Chitranna / Raw Mango Rice, a tangi rice recipe, prepared by adding grated raw mango.
- 1.5 cups Rice Cooked
- 2 medium Raw Mango grated
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Green chilly chopped
- 1 tbsp Groundnut
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 string Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coconut grated
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- In a kadai add oil, mustard, as mustard starts to splutter add urad dal, channa dal, and groundnuts, stir.
- Add green chilly , curry leaves, saute.
- Now add salt and turmeric powder, stir well.
- Add sesame seeds, and grated raw mango, mix well, cook for 1 to 2 mins.
- Now add cooked rice to raw mango tempering, mix well.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and grated fresh coconut.
- Mavinakayi Chitranna / Raw Mango Rice ready to have.