Matar Paneer, a thick gravy recipe, fresh green peas, fried paneer cooked in tomato-onion gravy.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Green Peas
- 200 gm Paneer
- 2 big Tomato roughly chopped
- 2 big Onion roughly chopped
- 7-8 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi Crushed
- 1/4 tsp Pepper corns
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
Onion-Tomato Gravy :
- In a pan add oil, add cumin seeds, pepper corns, ginger, garlic, roughly chopped onion, saute, add tomatoes, 1/2 tsp salt, stir well, close the lid and cook for 5 mins on medium flame, till tomatoes become soft. Let it cool down.
- In a mixing jar add cooked onion-tomato mixture, blend it to fine paste, do not add water.
- Onion-Tomato Gravy is ready.
Preparing Matar Paneer :
- In a pan add oil, add paneer, fry till golden brown on both the sides, keep aside.
- In the same pan for the left over oil, add green peas, saute it for 1 to 2 mins, keep aside.
- In the same pan add Onion-Tomato gravy, saute, close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 mins on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, saute.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water, mix well, close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 mins on medium flame.
- Add garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp salt, mix well, close the lid and cook for 3 more mins.
- Now add crushed kasuri methi, give a stir.
- Lastly add fried green peas and paneer, mix well, cook for another 2 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fresh cream.
- Delicious Matar Paneer is ready to have.