Massoppu / Soppu Saru
Massoppu / Soppu Saru, a curry recipe, cooked green leaves (Palak+Methi+coriander) smashed and tempered in onion-garlic.
- 2 cups Palak leaves chopped
- 2 cups Methi leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Toor dal / Masoor Dal
- 1/4 cup Masoor dal
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 4 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium Onion slices
- 4 - 5 Green chilly slits
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 string Curry Leaves
- 6 - 7 cloves Garlic roughly crushed
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil/Ghee
- 1 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter for serving
- In a pressure cooker add washed toor dal, masoor dal, moong dal, washed and chopped palak leaves, methi leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly, tomatoes, 3 cups of water, close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Smash the dal - leaves mixture finely.
- In a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, roughly crushed garlic cloves, onion, saute.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, saute.
- Add smashed dal-leaves mixture, stir.
- Add salt, stir, close the lid and cook well
- Massoppu / Soppu Saru ready to have.
Add ghee/ clarified butter while serving.