Malabar Spinach Curry
Malabar Spinach Curry, an authentic curry, prepared by the cooked malabar spinach dal mixture and coconut masala paste, with a mustard curry leaves seasoning.
- 1 bowl Malabar Spinach with stem chopped
- 1/3 cup Toor dal
- 2 medium Tomato chopped
- 4 tsp Oil
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 tsp Stone Flower
- 1/8 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 8-9 Dry red chilly
- 7-8 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 big Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut chopped/grated
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 strings Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal, chopped malabar spinach leaves and stems, chopped tomatoes.
- Close the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Heat a kadai, add oil, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, stone flower, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chilly, Saute for 2 mins on medium flame.
- In a mixing jar add sauted spice mixture, turmeric powder, poppy seeds, coconut.
- Grind it to fine paste.
- Heat a kadai, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, onion, saute.
- Add cooked malabar spinach-dal mixture, masala paste, mix well.
- Add water according to curry consistency, stir well.
- Now add salt, mix well.
- Cook well.
- Delicious Authentic Malabar Spinach Curry is ready to have.