Malabar Spinach/Basale Soppu Thambuli
Thambuli is a type of raita eaten with hot rice. Malabar spinach paste is cooked in whisked curd with a seasoning.
- 1 cup Malabar Spinach/Basale Soppu
- 1 cup Curd
- 1/2 cup Coconut chopped or grated
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Corns
- 1 Green chilly
- 1 Dry Chilly
- 2 Strings Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- In a kadai add 1 tbsp oil, cumin seeds, pepper corns, green chilly, chopped malabar spinach, saute for 2 mins on medium flame. keep aside to cool down.
- In a mixing jar add coconut, cooked malabar spinach, 1/2 cup water, grind it to fine paste.
- Add curd to mixing jar whisk for 1 min.
- In a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, as mustard seeds start to splutter add urad dal, curry leaves, dry red chilly, saute it for 2 mins. Remove half of the tempering, keep aside.
- Now add malabar spinach paste, give a stir, add salt, mix well, close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 mins on medium flame.
- Add whisked curd, stir well, add water according to consistency.
- close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 mins. Add remaining tempering to garnish.
- Malabar Spinach/Basale Soppu Thambuli ready to have.