Malabar Spinach/Basale Soppu Palya/sabji
Malabar Spinach/Basale Soppu Palya/sabji, Spinach cooked in mustard, onion, tomato seasoning.
- 2 Cup Malabar Spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup Masoor Dal cooked
- 1 Tomato medium
- 1 Onion medium
- 1 Green chilly
- 3 tbsp Coconut Grated
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 strings Curry leaves
- In a kadai add oil, add mustard seeds, as mustard starts to splutter, add curry leaves, green chilly, onion, tomatoes one by one, Saute.
- Add salt and turmeric leaves, mix well.
- Now add chopped malabar spinach, give a stir, close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 mins on medium flame.
- Add cooked dal, stir well, close the lid and cook for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Lastly add grated coconut, give a mix. Switch off the flame.
- Malabar Spinach/Basale Soppu Palya/sabji is ready to have.