Kumbalakayi Palya / Pumpkin Sabji
Kumbalakayi Palya / Pumpkin Sabji, a side dish recipe, pumpkin cooked in onion-tomato seasoning, green paste and roasted peanut powder.
- 300 grams Pumpkin chopped
- 2 medium Onion chopped
- 2 medium Tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup Peanut
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chilly
- 5 - 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 string Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
Peanut Powder :
- In a pan add peanut, roast it, let it cool down, grind it to fine powder.
Green Paste :
- In a mixing jar add coriander leaves, green chilly, garlic, grind it to coarse to fine paste, do not add water.
Prepare Sabji :
- In a kadai add oil, add mustard seeds, as it start to splutter, add curry leaves, onion, tomato, turmeric powder, salt, mix well, cook for 2 mins.
- Add chopped pumpkin (do not remove pumpkin skin).
- Close the lid and cook for 5 mins, on medium flame.
- Add little water, stir well, close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add green paste, mix well, close the lid and cook for another 5 mins.
- Lastly add roasted peanut powder, mix well.
- Kumbalakayi Palya / Pumpkin Sabji is ready to have.