Kosambari, A South Indian Salad, made from soaked moong dal and raw vegetables, seasoned with mustard and curry leaves.
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1 Cucumber Small
- 2 tbsp Carrot Grated
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 3 - 4 tbsp Coconut grated
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Green chilly Chopped
- 1 - 2 string Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- Wash and soak moong dal for minimum 1 hour to 4 hours.
- In a bowl add soaked moong dal, finely chopped cucumber, grated carrot, finely chopped coriander leaves, and grated coconut.
- Now add salt, lemon juice, mix well.
- Seasoning: In a pan add oil, mustard, once mustard start to splutter. switch off the flame and add curry leaves and green chilly.
- Add this mustard seasoning to salad. mix it.
- Kosambari ready to have.