Goli Idli, a breakfast recipe, steamed rice flour small idli, sauted in mustard seeds tempering.
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2+1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ghee/Clarified
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 strings Curry Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 2 Green Chilly chopped
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coconut grated
- In a vessel, add 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp ghee, bring it to boil.
- Add 1 cup rice flour, stir well for 1 min.
- On a clean surface, add rice flour mixture, Knead well (rice flour mixture will be very hot so carefully).
- Grease the idli plate.
- Grease the palm and make small balls, arrange it on idli plate.
- small rice balls are ready.
- Place the idli plates in steamer, steam for 15 mins.
- Spongy small balls are ready.
- Heat a kadai, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, urad dal, chana dal, saute.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies, salt, saute.
- Now add white sesame seeds, saute.
- Add steamed balls, mix well.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves, grated fresh coconut, mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Tasty Goli Idli is ready to have.