Egg Biryani, a biryani recipe, boiled egg cooked in rice and green chilly-coconut-coriander leaves paste.
- 2 cups Rice
- 6 Eggs boiled
- 2 big Tomato chopped
- 2 big Onion slices
- 4 - 5 Green chilly
- 1 inch Ginger
- 8-9 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut chopped / grated
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Kapok Bud / Marathi Moggu
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
White Paste :
- In a mixing jar add poppy seeds, cinnamon, kapok bud, cloves, green chilly, ginger, coriander leaves, coconut, blend it to fine paste, add water if required.
- White paste is ready, keep aside.
Prepare egg biryani :
- In a pressure cooker add oil, bay leaves, garlic cloves, saute.
- Now add onion, stir, cook till onion becomes translucent, add tomatoes, 1 tbsp of salt, stir well, cook till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add prepared white paste, stir well.
- Now add washed rice, give a gentle mix, add 4 cups of water, boiled eggs.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Egg Biryani is ready to have.