Drumstick Masala, a thick gravy recipe, drumstick cooked in tomato-onion tempering and coconut-spice paste.
- 3 Drumstick
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/8 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 7-8 Dry Red Chilly
- 1 tsp Tamarind
- 1/3 cup Fresh Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- 2 strings Curry leaves
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
Masala Paste :
- Heat a kadai, add oil, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, saute on medium flame.
- Add dry red chilly, saute, do not burn, allow it to cool down.
- In a mixing jar add sauted spices, add tamarind, fresh coconut, turmeric powder, water, blend it to fine paste.
Drumstick Masala preparation :
- Heat a kadai, add oil, mustard seeds, hing/asafoetida, curry leaves, chopped onion, chopped tomato, saute.
- Now add salt, drumstick pieces, saute, close the lid and cook for 2 mins.
- Add water, close the lid and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Now add prepared masala paste, mix well.
- Add water according to think masala consistency, close the lid and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, give a stir.
- Delicious, Tangy, Drumstick Masala is ready to have.