Dhokla, a breakfast, main course, side dish recipe, prepared by gram flour, curd batter.
- 1.5 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1+1 Green Chilly crushed+slit
- 1/4 inch Ginger crushed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Fruit salt / Eno
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 string Curry leaves
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp Coconut grated
- In a bowl add besan/gram flour, salt, curd, sugar, lemon juice, turmeric powder, crushed green chilly and ginger, mix it.
- Add water gradually.
- mix well, till no lumps.
- Add oil.
- Close the lid and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Grease a plate with oil.
- Add fruit salt/eno, mix well.
- Add prepared batter to oil greased plate.
- place it in a steamer.
- Steam this for 15 mins.
- In a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilly, Switch off the flame and add sesame seeds, to this tempering add 2 tbsp of water.
- Add tempering+water to prepared dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Cut into shapes.
- Delicious Dhokla is ready to have.