Davangere Benne Dose / ದಾವಣಗೆರೆ ಬೆಣ್ಣೆ ದೋಸೆ
Davangere Benne Dose or Butter Dose is a type of dose which traces its origin from the city of Davangere in Karnataka, India. It is prepared by addition of generous amount of butter while preparing the normal dose, and accompanied by coconut chutney and potato palya/sabji.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups Dosa batter
FOR POTATO PALYA
- 4 Potato Medium
- 1 Onion Big / Large
- 4 Green Chilly slits
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Water
FOR COCONUT CHUTNEY
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut Chopped / grated
- 2 Green Cardamom small
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
Potato Palya :
- In a pressure cooker add chopped potato, sliced onion, slits green chilly, salt, water.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Take out the green chillies (keep aside for chutney preparation)
- Remove the extra potato starch.
- Smash the potato mixture well.
- Potato palya is ready.
Coconut Chutney :
- In a mixing jar add fresh coconut, green cardamom, cooked green chilly, salt, water.
- Blend to coarse paste.
- Coconut Chutney is ready.