Dal Paratha, a stuffed paratha, chana dal and species powder stuffing, stuffed in wheat flour dough layer.
For Dough :
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Oil
Dal Stuffing :
- 1/2 cup Chana Dal Soaked
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Amchur Powder/Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Ajwain / Carom Seeds
Dough Preparation :
- In a plate add wheat flour, salt, give a mix.
- Add water little by little, prepare a dough.
- Sprinkle some oil on dough, keep aside for 15 mins.
Dal Stuffing :
- In a pressure cooker add soaked chana dal, 3/4 cup water, close the lid and cook for 3 -4 whistles.
- Strain the cooked dal, remove excess water.
- Add dal to a mixing jar, add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder/dry mango powder, make a fine powder.
- Add carom seeds/ajwain to dal mixture, mix well.
- Prepare balls out of dal mixture, keep aside.
Dal Paratha :
- Take a small ball of wheat dough, dust some flour, roll the dough to a small circle.
- Place the dal stuffing in the centre.
- Bring all the edges together, join them, press the edges down and prepare a stuffing ball.
- Sprinkle some flour, roll the stuffed ball.
- Heat a tawa, place the rolled paratha, cook for a min.
- Flip the paratha, cook for 1 more min.
- Flip again, apply some oil/ghee on both the side, cook well.
- Yummy Delicious Healthy Dal Paratha is ready to serve with curd, pickle or butter.