Dal Dhokli, a one pot meal, wheat flour bites/dhoklis cooked in lentil stew.
- 1 cup Toor Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanut
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1tbsp+1/2tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2+1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1tbsp+1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ghee/Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- 2 strings Curry Leaves
- 1 Green Chilly chopped
- 2 medium Onion chopped
- 2 medium Tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2.5+1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- In a pressure cooker add toor dal, peanut, water.
- Close the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- In a plate add wheat flour, ajwain, 1/2 tsp red chilly powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp salt, add water little by little.
- Knead well, prepare chapati dough.
- Grease oil and keep aside for 10 mins.
- In a kadai add ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, green chilly, saute.
- Add chopped onion, chopped tomato, saute.
- close the lid and cook for 2-3 mins on medium flame.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt.
- Mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Add cooked toor dal and peanut.
- Mix well, add water, close the lid and cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Prepare 2 balls from chapati dough, roll little thick chapati.
- Cut into shapes, dust with some flour to avoid sticky.
- Add these dhoklis to dal mixture.
- Stir, cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Dal Dhokli is ready to have, Serve hot with chopped onions.