Coconut Dal Curry / Dal Saaru
Coconut Dal Curry / Dal Saaru, cooked dal+potato+tomato mixture is cooked with coconut-cumin paste.
- 1/3 cup Toor Dal
- 2 small Tomato chopped
- 2 Green Chilly slits
- 2 medium Potato chopped
- 3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Fresh Coconut grated
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Hing / Asafoetida
- 2 string Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 medium Onion slices
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- In a pressure cooker add toor dal, chopped tomato, slit green chilly, chopped potato, water.
- Close the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Keep aside.
- In a mixing jar add grated coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, water.
- Blend it fine paste.
- In a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves.
- Add onion slices, cook till onion gets translucent.
- Add cooked dal mixture, blended coconut paste, water, salt, stir well, bring it to boil.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Give a stir.
- Tasty Coconut Dal Curry / Dal Saaru is ready to have.