Chicken Changezi comprises rich gravy made of milk and cream with ginger garlic paste, tomato paste, coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala. Chicken is first roasted and later cooked with gravy to give it the perfect taste.
- 750 gm Chicken
- 4 Tomato medium
- 3 Onion medium
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 10 Almond
- 15 Cashew
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1.5 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp red chilly powder
- 1.5 tsp Chat masala powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- 2 tsp Dry fenugreek leaves
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Marination: In a bowl add chicken, half of the ginger garlic paste, curd, salt, lemon, chilly powder, mix well, Marinate this for 30 min.
- Tomato paste: blend chopped tomatoes, keep aside.
- Onion-almond-cashew paste: Add about 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add Onion slices, almond, cashew, fry till onion starts to change its colour, let it cool down, blend it to fine paste. keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add marinated chicken directly into the pan, cook on high flame, chicken will release water, cook till chicken gets dry completely keep aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tbsp oil, remaining ginger garlic paste, saute it, add tomato paste, mix well cook for a min, add coriander powder, chat masala powder and garam masala powder, mix well, cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add milk, cook for 3 to 4 min, now add cream and onion-almond-cashew paste, mix well, cook till oil starts to stand on surface.
- Now add cooked chicken, kasuri methi, mix it, add 1 cup of water, cook on low flame for about 15 min. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Chicken Changezi ready to eat.