Chettinad Fish Curry
Chettinad Fish Curry, A Fish curry recipe, shallow fried fish cooked in coconut masala.
For Fish Marination:
- 7 Lady Fish / Kaane Fish
- 2 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
Coconut Masala :
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 4 strings Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Methi Seeds
- 8 - 10 Pepper Corns
- 2 medium Onion Roughly Chopped
- 8 - 9 cloves Garlic
- 1.5 inch Ginger
- 10 -12 Dry Red Chilly
- 2 medium Tomato
- 1/2 Coconut chopped/grated
- 2 tbsp Tamarind
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
Other Ingredients :
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 strings Curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
Fish Marination :
- In a plate add chilly powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, mix well, apply to fish.
- Marinate fish for 30 mins.
Coconut Masala Paste :
- In a kadai add oil, curry leaves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, methi seeds, pepper corns, onion, saute.
- Now add garlic, ginger, dry red chilly, saute.
- Add tomatoes, stir, cook for 3 to 4 mins on medium flame.
- Now add fresh coconut, tamarind, mix well, add turmeric powder, saute.
- Grind it fine paste, add water as required.
Shallow Fry :
- In a pan add oil, add marinated fish pieces.
- shallow fry both the sides for 1 to 2 mins on high flame. Keep aside.
Preparing Curry :
- In a kadai add oil, curry leaves, add coconut masala paste, saute.
- Add water according to curry consistency, mix well.
- Now add salt, give a stir, close the lid and bring it to boil.
- Add shallow fried fish pieces carefully.
- Mix gently, cook for 2 mins on high flame.
- Spicy Delicious Chettinad Fish Curry is ready to have.