Bottle Gourd Halwa / Lauki Halwa
Bottle Gourd Halwa, a dessert, grated bottled gourd cooked in milk, sugar, khova.
- 1 Small Bottle Gourd
- 500 ml Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Khova
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter/Ghee
- 2 Almond
- 4-5 Pista
- 3 Cashew
- Peel off the bottle gourd skin, grate it from the sides, do not grate the pulp.
- In a pan add ghee, add grated bottle gourd, mix it, close the lid cook it for 5 min, in between keep stirring.
- Now add milk, cook till it becomes thick.
- Add sugar, let it melt completely, add grated khova, mix it, add cardamom powder and half of the chopped dry fruits.
- cook for 1 to 2 mins, in a medium flame.
- Garnish with remaining chopped dry fruits.
- Lauki halwa ready to have.
Grate the bottle gourd just before cooking, or else it turns brown in colour