Bitter Gourd/Hagalakayi Palya/Sabji
Bitter Gourd/Hagalakayi Palya/Sabji, a side dish recipe, cooked bitter gourd is seasoned with chilly powder, jaggery, garnished with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- 1.5 cup Bitter Gourd chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 string Curry Leaves
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- 1 tsp Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Jaggery Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp Coconut grated
- In a vessel add chopped bitter gourd, add 3/4th cup of water, cook well for 5 mins on medium flame, till water drains off.
- In a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, as it starts to splutter add curry leaves, onion, saute.
- Now add tomato, cooked bitter gourd, saute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, mix well, close the lid and cook for 2 mins on low flame.
- Now add jaggery powder, mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut.
- Stir well.
- Bitter Gourd/Hagalakayi Palya/Sabji is ready to have.