Baingan Ka Bharta / ಬದನೇಕಾಯಿ ಭರ್ತಾ / बैंगन भरत
Baingan Ka Bharta / ಬದನೇಕಾಯಿ ಭರ್ತಾ / बैंगन भरत, a side dish prepared by mincing grilled eggplant and mixing it with onion curry leaves tempering.
- 2 Egg Plant
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 strings Curry Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 2 Green Chilly roughly chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coconut grated
- Egg Plant.
- Make 4 slits in each egg plant.
- Stuff in garlic cloves in each slits.
- Roast the egg plant on gas stove.
- Insert a knife or stick, it will help to flip the hot egg plant.
- Roast until eggplant turns dark.
- Let it cool completely.
- Peel off the skin.
- Take off the head or cap of egg plant.
- Mash it with the help of knife.
- Heat a kadai, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, hing, green chilly, onion, salt.
- Saute it for 30 secs, do not over cook the onions.
- Switch off the flame, add the mashed egg plant, coriander leaves, grated coconut.
- Mix well.
- Simple Delicious Baingan Ka Bharta is ready to have.