Ambur Chicken Biryani
Ambur Chicken Biryani, a south Indian Biryani, kind of dum biryani, a simple yet tasty biryani, chicken cooked in ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, onions, 80% cooked rice dum with 80% cooked chicken and spices.
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1/2 kg Jeera Sambar Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 big Onion slices
- 2 big Tomato chopped
- 15 Dry red chilly
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 4 - 5 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1.5 tbsp Salt
- Red chilly paste: Soak dry red chillies in hot water for 20 mins. grind it to fine paste by adding little water.
- Wash and soak rice for 20 mins.
- In a vessel add water and 1/2 tbsp of salt, bring it to boil, add soaked rice, cook till rice is 80% cooked, strain excess water, keep aside.
- In a vessel add oil, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger garlic paste, stir.
- Add onion slices, chopped tomatoes, salt, chicken, mix well, close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves, stir well. Add red chilly paste, close the lid and cook for 3 more mins.
- Add curd, mix well, cook till chicken gets 80% cooked.
- Now add 80% cooked rice, mix, add 1/2 cup of water from the sides of the vessel.
- Close the lid, dum cook for 15 mins on low flame.
- Ambur Chicken Biryani ready to have.