Amaranth Leaves / Dantina Soppu Sambar
Amaranth Leaves Sambar, a sambar recipe, amaranth leaves tempered and cooked in coconut-fried chana dal paste.
- 1 Cup Amaranth Leaves chopped
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Sambar Powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coconut chopped/grated
- 1 tbsp Roasted Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 string Curry leaves
- 2 Dry Red Chilly
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Sambar masala paste: In a mixing jar add coconut, roasted chana dal, sambar powder, tamarind paste, blend it to fine paste, add water if required.
- In a kadai add oil, mustard seeds, as it starts to splutter, add cumin seeds, dry red chilly, curry leaves, chopped onion, saute.
- Add hing/asafoetida, stir, add salt, turmeric powder, saute.
- Now add chopped tomato, stir well, add chopped amaranth leaves, saute it for 1 min, close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 mins on low-medium flame.
- Add sambar masala paste, mix well, add water according to sambar consistency, close the lid and cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Amaranth Leaves / Dantina Soppu Sambar ready to have.