Aloo Bonda / Batata Vada
Aloo Bonda / Batada Vada, a snack / breakfast recipe, potato stuffing deep fried in besan flour batter.
- 4 Potato big
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 string Curry leaves chopped
- 2 green chilly chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger Chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds crushed
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup water
Aloo Stuffing :
- In a pressure cooker add roughly chopped potatoes, little water, close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Smash the potatoes and keep aside.
- In a pan add oil, mustard seeds, as it starts to splutter add chopped curry leaves, chopped green chilly, chopped ginger, crushed coriander seeds, finely chopped onion, saute, cook till onion gets translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt, stir, add smashed potatoes, mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Aloo stuffing is ready, keep aside
Besan Batter :
- In a bowl add gram flour, rice flour, chilly powder, salt, baking soda, mix well.
- Add water according to batter consistency, not too thick and not too watery.